Scratch Cinnamon Rolls with Orange BOURBON Glaze
I'm pretty sure my household now knows.. I've been holding out.
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 tablespoons butter, softened
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 2 T softened Butter
*1/2 C White Sugar
*1/2 C Brown Sugar
* 1 T Cinnamon
*1 C confectioners’ sugar (or more for a thicker glaze)
*3 T orange juice 🍊 fresh orange zest from 1 orange
*1 t pure vanilla extract (or substitute for Bourbon 🥃DOIT)
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a 9-inch square baking dish with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
* Whisk flour, 2 tablespoons white sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Work 3 tablespoons softened butter into flour mixture using your hands. Beat milk and egg together in another bowl; pour into flour-butter mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until a soft dough forms.
* Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and roll dough into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Brush surface of dough with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
* Whisk 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon sugar over butter-brushed dough.
*Roll dough around filling to form a log; cut log into 14-18 rolls and place rolls in the prepared baking dish.
*Bake in the preheated oven until rolls are set, 20 to 25 minutes.
Slightly Cool, Glaze & Enjoy!